Fall 2023 Schedule: Registration is open for the new session. Scroll Down for Form Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Ages 13 - adult (Ongoing)
Once a week, one-hour classes. For extra hours, please contact Deepa.
This class explores the fundamentals of art-making. Students will learn skills and techniques related to the application of basic art mediums such as pencil, oil pastel, watercolor, acrylic paint, and mixed-media.variety of art styles, art periods, and artists throughout history. Many more artistic fundamentals of design techniques like repetition, contrast geometry, positive & negative spaces, etc.
ACRYLIC & WATERCOLOR PAINTING ~
* Acrylic Painting: Basics to Advance.
* Acrylic Painter's Palette and Toolbox.
* Acrylic Color Mixing & Value.
* Landscape Painting with Water-Based Media: Acrylic Watercolor & Gouache.
* Explore adding acrylic mediums to the paint.
* Sketching in Pen, Ink & Watercolor.
* Still Life, Floral, Abstract, Indian Folk Art, and more!
DRY MEDIA PAINTING ~ includes Color Pencil, Graphite, and Charcoal
* Various visual techniques, such as shading, texture, lighting, value, perspective, or scale.
* Perspective Drawing - 1, 2 & 3 point perspective.
* Includes subjects like abstract, landscape, still life, etc.
MIXED MEDIA ~ includes various fun processes to overcome artist's block, and develop your own personal art style.
* Step by Step: Color Washes, Layers & Details, Collage Elements.
* Color, Design & Texture.
* Abstract Intuitive Painting.
* Indian Folk Art.
* Art Journaling.
Acrylic Painting ~ Online Class
Includes acrylic painting basics + Indian Folk Art (Warli, Madhubani, Ganesha, etc), Landscape paintings.
Be a part of the fun and join us for our AWESOME virtual class experience via Zoom!
Summer 2020 Zoom Art Online! Join from anywhere in the world Live CST: September, October, November,
(Weekly Zoom Classes, monthly memberships). Zoom invites will be sent after registration. Please fill in the form below.
The pre-painting 15-min gives you time to sign in and receive any technical assistance needed! Each session lasts approximately 1.25 hours.
Skill Levels: All Levels
Supplies Needed: Materials are purchased separately.
Acrylic: 4-ounce bottles of red, Cadmium yellow medium, Ultramarine blue, Titanium white, and black acrylic paint
Canvas: 9x12 canvases or panels, brushes: 1” flat, med. And small rounds
Synthetic brush pack
Paper: sketchbook 7×10, Pencil and eraser, water container, towel, paper plate.
For other Art Lessons: Pencil Colors, Ruler, Markers, Water Color
Students may purchase a pack of all the materials Michaels or Hobby Lobby or Amazon.
What Should I Wear?
You will be using acrylic paint which may stain your clothes. Therefore, we recommend wearing something you wouldn't mind getting paint on.
Once you register for the class, you will be sent an e-mail with the Zoom URL before the class to use to log in to the class. Please provide a correct and viable e-mail address when registering as this is how you receive your link.
To register by phone or to obtain more details, please email email@example.com or call Deepa Koshaley at 972.639.6745.
Morning Classes (Upon Request)
Only workshops are available
Two Day Art Workshop on 16x20 canvas - 3 hours each day TBD - If you are interested, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acrylic Painting Classes at Michaels, Allen - TBD
Brookhaven College, Addison - TBD
Tuition Fee per student:
Workshops are available on Saturdays. Time TBD and Price TBD
Starting from the Signup Date. Tuition may be paid by cash, check, "Deepa Koshaley" or via Bank of America "email@example.com" or via Chase "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Note for classes:
* All art supplies are listed. In the class, we will be working on 9 x 12 maximum canvas size.
* All Payments are due at the first of the month.
* There are no refunds of any kind.
* If a student registers for classes later than the first week of the month, tuition will be prorated for that month.
* Because of family vacations or emergencies prorating may be done once a month per student.
* When a class is missed, we will provide a makeup class (no later than the next month).